The Reviewer
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Reviewer

Built for everyone to post reviews. Real People, real reviews

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Hal Spacejock

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Lee_Pletzers
Admin
Lee_Pletzers

Number of posts : 113
Registration date : 2007-02-04

Hal Spacejock Empty
PostSubject: Hal Spacejock   Hal Spacejock Icon_minitime22nd July 2007, 4:48 am

Hal Spacejock by Simon Haynes
Publisher: Fremantle Arts Centre Press
ISBN: 1 920731 89 X
Copyright 2000

This is not the normal book I usually read. This book has no horror, no bloodshed or any of the things I enjoy reading and writing, but it does have abuse to robots. LOL.

Hal Spacejock is a comedy / action book in the vein of Red Dwarf and staring the man himself, Hal Spacejock, a hapless lovable character who bumbles his way (humorously) through mishap after mishap and a terrible game of Chess.

This book is a laugh a minute (I was getting strange looks on th bus -- nothing unusual there) as I did LOL several times.

Hal is a pilot -- not a very good one -- and he flies a cargo ship, dropping off stuff from one planet to the next. Down on his luck and starving, he takes a job he is not too enthusiastic about. It's a simple job: drop off a bunch of computer parts to a deserted field in the middle of the night. Plus to help the businessman sends him Clunk, a robot to help land in the field at night.

The only reason Hal takes this job is to get some money to pay off the loans he has. The loan sharks are after him. Then something fantastic happens. Finally he can clear all his debts and maybe get some food as well.

But things are never as they seem....

Simon Haynes first self published this book and the cult following it spawned threw him into the small press world, where he was able to reach more readers and introduce them to a fantastic, humorous romp through space.

He is currently writing book 4 in the series.
He also has one of the most informative website out there.

Just Google his name.
Back to top Go down
http://www.leepletzers.net

Hal Spacejock
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Reviewer :: Book Reviews :: General Fiction titles-
Jump to: