The Reviewer
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Reviewer

Built for everyone to post reviews. Real People, real reviews

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Heart-shaped box -- Joe Hill

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Lee_Pletzers
Admin
Lee_Pletzers

Number of posts : 113
Registration date : 2007-02-04

Heart-shaped box -- Joe Hill Empty
PostSubject: Heart-shaped box -- Joe Hill   Heart-shaped box -- Joe Hill Icon_minitime22nd July 2007, 7:51 am

Heart-shaped box
By Joe Hill
Printed in Great Britain 2007 by Gollancz

What a pleasure this book was to read. It wasn't flawless and had too many uses of He and She on the same page. But the story was well thought out and very unlike any ghost story you are about to read or have read.

The pace is a little slow but not that noticeable as the writing and character building is done well and effortlessly. I found myself hurrying through those pages and reading at a burning speed once the story got under way.

Joe gives little hints through out the story of things to come, and I especially loved the shadow dogs (or the soul of the dogs) and the way they dispelled Craddock the first time.

I can't help but think that Joe copied The Ring with the stop-motion movements of the ghost. Still, the story is rip-roaringly good and the book is well worth the retail price.

This review is based on the UK edition and read 33,000 ft in the sky.
I have not mentioned any of the story because we all know the story. There are hundreds of reviews out there, which can give you all the info you need.

Don't be surprised if the son turns out better than the father.

:cheers:

Back to top Go down
http://www.leepletzers.net

Heart-shaped box -- Joe Hill
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Reviewer :: Book Reviews :: Horror Fiction / Dark Fantasy / Supernatural Suspense-
Jump to: