The Reviewer
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Reviewer

Built for everyone to post reviews. Real People, real reviews

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Children In The Night .... by Paulettea.

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
paulettea

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2007-03-15

Children In The Night .... by Paulettea. Empty
PostSubject: Children In The Night .... by Paulettea.   Children In The Night .... by Paulettea. Icon_minitime16th March 2007, 10:56 am

This book was given to myself by a friend to read. Initially when one starts reading it you find it slow as its setting the stage for the story and this turns out to be important as the reader to be patient for as you go along it helps to understand and appreciate the story.
This book is allegorical in its approach dosed with strong spirituality and an amazing intricacy of detail .
Its the good old theme of good versing evil and its about a people who lived in a world of darkness among caves and dreamed and hoped for the light.
The main characters in the book are a boy and a girl who are on spiritual prilgrimage to find the light and free their people.
Here is an extract from the book,
The high priest fussily positioned himself with several; of his assistants, then finally called out,
Żosha and Varial."
As Yosha steeped forward, he heard someone moving o his left, and at the same moment he caught a whiff of ele, the bride scent. He had experienced it before at other weddings, but as Varial moved beside him the airy perfume affected him differently this time. How odd, he thought, a bride scent for receiving the regal vestments and pectorals, and the groom scent, which he could smell strong on his own neck.

Asel caught a whife of melne, the scent of the groom, just as the musicans from the high preist's retinue began singng and playing their instruments.

Each Askirit womqan chose her own gragrance keeping them secret, that they might work their magic only on her wedding night, and these were having their desired effect.

I love the story line its fresh and original, the beautiful imagry the writer uses and even though its a supernatural fantasy it still has that realness about it one can identify with the characters and the culture.

A great read.

The author of this book is Harold Myra.
Back to top Go down
Lee_Pletzers
Admin
Lee_Pletzers

Number of posts : 113
Registration date : 2007-02-04

Children In The Night .... by Paulettea. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Children In The Night .... by Paulettea.   Children In The Night .... by Paulettea. Icon_minitime19th March 2007, 4:00 am

That sounds interesting, Paulette. Living in darkness and forced to find the light. wow. Good storyline. wonder how they know about the light when they have always lived in darkness?

Also from your excerpt, I nothiced that the book has differing POVs, which for me, makes it hard to read and experience. I like single POV.

Thank you for the review.
Back to top Go down
http://www.leepletzers.net

Children In The Night .... by Paulettea.
Page 1 of 1