The Reviewer
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Reviewer

Built for everyone to post reviews. Real People, real reviews

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Rocky Balboa

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Lee_Pletzers
Admin
Lee_Pletzers

Number of posts : 113
Registration date : 2007-02-04

Rocky Balboa Empty
PostSubject: Rocky Balboa   Rocky Balboa Icon_minitime30th March 2007, 10:15 am

Rocky Balboa Rockybalboa5

Rocky rocked!

The build up to the fight was excellent DRAMA. All Rocky movies are DRAMA What did you expect? Hard core Rocky IV. Come on, he is 60 -- at least.

The movie was as I expected it to be. It told the story of an aging boxer who has lost touch with his son (a son who feels everything he has achieved has been because of his father. Finally he is making a move by himself and his father comes out of retirement) and feels there is one more fight inside him. The beast is still there. Inside.

Rocky Balboa Rockybalboa1

This movie has some really powerful moments in it, they draw you right in. My favorite is the following quote (pinched from imdb):

Let me tell you something you already know. The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It is a very mean and nasty place and it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't how hard you hit; it's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward. How much you can take, and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done. Now, if you know what you're worth, then go out and get what you're worth. But you gotta be willing to take the hit, and not pointing fingers saying you ain't where you are because of him, or her, or anybody. Cowards do that and that ain't you. You're better than that!

For me, this movie is that good. My wife loved it as well, she even cried twice in the powerful moments I talked about earlier.

Stallone draws us into one of his most enduring characters and his struggle to go one more round. Fighters fight, that's what they do.

Rocky Jr: Don't take any more
chances out there than you have to. There's nothing more to prove, Pop!
There's nothing more to prove!
Rocky Balboa: I gotta go out the way I gotta go out.
Back to top Go down
http://www.leepletzers.net

Rocky Balboa
Page 1 of 1