The Reviewer
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Reviewer

Built for everyone to post reviews. Real People, real reviews

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Devil wears Prada

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Lee_Pletzers
Admin
Lee_Pletzers

Number of posts : 113
Registration date : 2007-02-04

The Devil wears Prada Empty
PostSubject: The Devil wears Prada   The Devil wears Prada Icon_minitime16th April 2007, 10:45 pm

The Devil wears Prada 10m-1

Jesus H. Christ. Chick flick. Totally unreal. Torture to watch; although my wife enjoyed it. Must connect on a different brain wave length than to men. Meryl Streep though is a pleasure to watch and yes it does have a FEW funny one liners. I feel the support cast was better than the lead.

It's the basic of the basic storyline: Smart girl (Andy Sachs -- Anna Hathaway) with no fashion sense (Ugly Betty, anyone????) gets a job (amazingly) at a top fashion magazine. She is hired because all the other fashion-conscious PRs hired sucked.

Meryl Streep plays Miranda Priestly and is very tough to work with and to get along with and is demanding to the point of driving our hero to tears. She runs to the only person to help her. She is looking for comfort, but he gives none, instead he teaches her how to dress--fashionably. Andrea changes from hot and smartly dressed to smoking hot and sexily dressed. Damn!

Her job drives a wedge between her boyfriend and her girlfriends who start to become judgmental, comparing the new Andy Sachsto the old Andy Sachs.

The character undergoes a lot of changes in both directions and to tell the truth I didn't care whether she ended up successful and following her dream or whether she was a major failure and suddenly hit by a bus.
I just didn't care.
And I have seen a lot of chick flicks. My wife makes me. And they are usually average or watchable at least. The Devil Wears Prada is barely watchable. Meryl should get an award for her role (or has the grammys already been dealt out?).

Movie rating:
[/center]
Chick: 87%+

Dude: 65%
Back to top Go down
http://www.leepletzers.net
The Rim Rider

Number of posts : 27
Registration date : 2007-02-07

PostSubject: Re: The Devil wears Prada   The Devil wears Prada Icon_minitime26th April 2007, 10:00 am

yeah definetly a chick flick, but not a bad one. Hardly original, but girls understand the fashion references. I didnt care either.....
Back to top Go down
Retsej

Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2007-02-04

PostSubject: Re: The Devil wears Prada   The Devil wears Prada Icon_minitime2nd May 2007, 5:43 pm

LMAO-my wife tortured me with this one. I feel your pain, man.
Back to top Go down
http://www.retsej.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Devil wears Prada   The Devil wears Prada Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Devil wears Prada
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Reviewer :: DVD/Movie Reviews :: A night at the movies :: Movie Reviews-
Jump to: